Sunday, December 7, 2008

denied

an excerpt; an email from a potential employer regarding employment in korea:

"Hi Adam,



I talked to ___ Kim today and he informed me that it seems Immigration does not want to grant you an E-2 visa as apparently (and he said he admitted to this) you did work illegally while you were in Korea previously. It seems that the company that sponsored your visa also hired you out to another school in Apgujeong. In order to legally do this there are certain procedures to go through. I don’t think this is entirely your fault as you were told by your employer that it was legal. While I will do what I can to see that Immigration is made aware of that particular institute’s shitty business practices and standards, in the end Immigration also places much of the blame on you as it is your visa.



So at this point I don’t think there is much we can do. I am sorry that this happened to you, but unfortunately it does happen."


i hate you korea. give me back my girlfriend and my bike.

No comments: